Sunday, August 24, 2008

This Weekend's Roundup

RELOCATIONIST'S REPORT

Now Playing: and again. -
Mood: PAin, but a happy pain =P

This weekend was a pain, but it was worth it. Why? GRADE 9 CAMP (AND this stupid Hotmail.com is lagging like shit, darn it can't send my assignment to teacher then I'M DEAD!!!)

From Friday to Saturday, Grade 9 camp, organised by students for students, of Grade 9(and I hate this keyboard) You know what, I'll just give a lineup on what has happened. Warning: heavy dosage of what happened

FRIDAY
1:30 pm: Camp starts. Rules are being run through. No homework XD
Somewhere around 2 pm: Games starts. The game was on the Glass Hall. You have to like, say your name, then it goes continuously until a person forgets then he/she/it is toothpaste-d eg:

A: A
B: A,B
Q: A,B,Q
Z: A,B,uhh *toothpaste-d*

Then there's the game called wacko, you have a few ppl in the center, then someone from the center calls a name, they chase after that guy, then that guy calls another person's name, then they run after the person. If that person didn't say anything and got whacked, the person goes into the center.

Then we take our bags to our respective rooms, bathed, changed.

5:15 pm: Fashion Show called Trash to Fash (literally). Newspaper into a dress, Shopping bag into a skirt. I HELPED ART CLUB (a lil, for the lino prints for a top)
but as usual, not and never a fan of hip hop dancing. << GREAT BIG REBEL OF THE MAINSTREAM

Around 6 pm: Dinner. Then there's a game called Facil hunt. Something like treasure hunt, except they're quotes that you have to figure out whose quotes those belong to. Before they give you their signature, you have to do things for them, like collecting blades of grass or leaves, tin cans, push ups, figuring an equation, counting stuff, etc. So yeah, a lot of running around, team 7 (my team) collected 8 signatures. At least it's an achievement for a short amount of time.

Somewhere @ 8 pm: Dodgeball. We sucked, yay! and my so called "art of confusion" does not work =P I'm not trusting martial arts at this one anymore. Instead, it became a laughing stock, not that I'm angry about it, but at least that becomes useful LOL XD seeing ppl waving their arms around to imitate the "art" = hilariousity.

9 pm: My teammates and I are tied together, and then they asked us to dance the "Pretty Woman" (mixture of Indian and English that became a hit during Racial Harmony Day) Then all of a sudden, lights went off, a shriek is heard, we kinda thought it was a set up coz the air-cond was still on. They all were like "do a head count" and then Joshua was like "We're all tied together =_=" and then we all went to the fountain, guess what, dead body, of Louisa, with a note of catch me if you can. I actually became a lil' paranoid during the blackout part, lol? Then we went around the school looking at more "dead bodies" including one of John (the leader of the camp) and obviously another note, when the hints were given, after collecting O,H, and N, some start to think it was John, but then majority figured out it was Ivor (and it spoilt the game) At the end when we found the killer, they were like "Ivor let's play Warcraft" some stuff lidat, then he laf XD srsly spoil the game man. And yes, I was NOT scared.

(I may actually have messed up the time but I'm doing this according to memory)

Then at 12.45 am lights out. I got homesick coz of the frozen floor and subzero air cond temperature (I didn't have a sleeping bag so I used dirty clothes as a blanket and my clothes bag as a pillow. Yes, it wasn't comfortable at all)

SATURDAY
6 am: (YES I SAID 6 AM) Morning run/jog. Then we played skin the snake, that's where all of us got injuries by the knees coz of the basketball court.

8 am: Breakfast. Then FOOTBALL (not really) It's actually Ladies' Goal where only girls can score, and Team 7 WON EVERYTHING which includes beating the council at the game YAY Isabelle and me XD. And after that the station game starts.

11.30 am: First station game. Station games is where we collect points, hang on I'm not telling you guys who won just yet. First game was at the hall where we have to figure out how to cross from one end to another with only two feet whilst carrying a talisman ('twas a chair) so we thought of wheelbarrowing (Isabelle and I were the wheelbarrows) and piggy-backing to cross, and WE WON but it hurts so bad lol. We also got the bonus marks for doing so with one feet, we thought of hopping on the talisman and another backing up wif 1 feet.

Second game was outside the school hall, it was disgusting coz we had to fill in water into a bottle with our mouths and build a path across the "water" as humans can't walk on water. And we manage to get 9 1/3 within the time limit.

Thrid was....maths, with water packets, 4 points away from the other team mainly coz Pong was there. And then there's a soapy one where we try to fill the bottle with a cup held in our mouths by using knees. I kept making a lot of noise, coz I kept slipping LOL, but then they say you can walk if your knees hurt (they say it's much more tricky), so I did, no sweat at all, and they joked and say I was creating a miracle LMAO. Then there was water mines. I pretty much directed the whole team to...avoid the bombs, then the other team also tried to use my route to get there but in the end we suicide bomb to prevent them from getting to the other side, I didn't dare to go into the mine field LOL but in the end, Patricia poured water on me XD, then there was water tennis, in which we had to serve with water packets and the other has to catch it. Then eating competition. A mixture of belacan, milk, prunes, wasabi, tobacco and some other sauce. In the end, they say it was bearable, but I couldn't handle the spicyness, I tried doing animal on the food, but then the aftertaste killed me, my heart started beating faster and I started sweating, it was like a heatwave except it was happening internally - it was my own fault. The last game was again dodgeball, with water this time, and we sucked again.

Then it was LUNCH TIME XD I nearly lost my appetite after the eating competition but I still managed. Then I can't really remember after that but then we were asked to do an act later. so our team came up with a mock-up of yesterday's 'murder' except it's exaggerated, and funny. Jason and Joshua became the music for Pretty Woman the rest danced, Scott Lim played Ivor, Joshua was Louisa LOL and then Jason dies idk how coz I walked to the other side of the stage to prepare the dead John (which was played by Frank) and for the notes part, it says "HI <3 Ivore" LOL. And yeah the rest was entertaining as well, and speaking of entertaining, even if this is a Catholic school, I can't believe they count sexual innuendo as a joke O_o.

And then the facils gave their act as well and they revealed who was the winner after the act. Guess what, they lost the scores coz of the rain, so EVERYONE'S A WINNER YAY! XD And I'm sorry for not writing affirmations to most of you guys, and they say affirmations, you can use to talk to ppl you're not close to, so that's what I did, I sent to 4 ppl, well 2 are close, 2 aren't, and all of it is done out of boredom. Like LOL!

After having dinner, they had self reflection time, and I got emotional and nearly cried but I didn't cry, yeah, now you all know (the only time I cried was during my farewell from Sri Garden, the last part =P). Then they had a slide show of what happened the past two days (photos I meant) I wonder when they'll send it out, so then I can show it in my blog =P and we left with good memories.

SUNDAY
Woke up with muscle ache and currently watching the closing ceremony of the Beijing Olympics.

No comments: